1 finely chopped onion
250g potatoes, peeled and diced
125g sliced French beans
4 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
124g garden peas
1/2” cube of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garam masala
2 tbs fresh coriander leaves
5 tbs cooking oil
4 whole fresh chillies
350 ml warm water
1) Heat the oil over a medium heat, fry the onions until they are lightly brown.
2) Add ginger, tmmeric, coriander powder, cumin and paprika, then stir well on a low heat.
3) Add half of the tomatoes, mix well and fry for about 2 minutes.
4) Add the remaining vegetables and water, mix well and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Once the vegetables are tender add the remaining tomatoes and green chillies. Cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5) Add the garam masala, salt and 1 tbs of chopped coriander leaves, stir well.
6) Place in a serving dish and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
7) Serve as a main meal with any Indian bread or rice.